Tablet computers can’t replace your desktop or full-featured laptop, but they can help you become more productive and efficient. The iPad is useful on its own of course, but when you add the right apps, your iPad can be a powerhouse tool, helping you work better and smarter.
Here are five apps you’ll want to download right away.
1. My favorite app has got to be Hootsuite for iPad. With Hootsuite I can manage my Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Google+ and LinkedIn social media accounts, including posting, scheduling and checking on click-through rates—so I know what’s working with a campaign. Plus, if you work with WordPress, Hootsuite can help manage blog posts, schedule and cross-post content to multiple WordPress accounts.
2. The great graphics on the iPad just seem to be getting better and better, so use yours for presentations to impress clients, investors or anyone you happen to meet. Keynote is a presentation creation tool which allows you to drop in photos or videos, add reflections, picture frames and present data in interactive charts. You can also add animation for more visual effect. Plus, once you create a presentation iCloud stores it where you can access it from any device.
3. For email you want something that lets you stay on top of email clutter without cramping your hands. Mailbox has now been optimized for the iPad and allows you to easily clean up your inbox by swiping messages to your archive or trash. Plus, if you get too distracted by email, you can hit the snooze button to stop getting email for a while.
4. If you find yourself trying to get your clients to set up conference calls because you don’t have a ready-to-go system in place, what kind of image are you sending about your company? GoToMeeting can make that spur-of-the-moment meeting happen and you can invite participants by text or email. You can also view and share slideshows, spreadsheets or reports. An onscreen highlighter and whiteboard allows you the freedom to visually get your point across visually.
5. You never know when you’re going to make a sale and Square Register can help make that happen by accepting credit cards right on your iPad. Whether your business is mobile and requires you to take payment on the go or you happen to run into someone who wants something right away, you won’t have to wait until you get back to the office to make the sale. Plus, you’ll always have your sales information, pricing options and customer accounts right at your fingertips.
Photo Credit: iStockphoto/Thinkstock