If you’ve always wanted to locate your business behind “the Orange Curtain” but didn’t think you could afford the office space in upscale Orange County, California, there’s great news. Located in Irvine, California, and near entertainment/retail center The District in Tustin, the Von Karman Corporate Center is a nine-building campus office complex. Whether you want a permanent office address, a professional address, or occasional use of a day office or meeting room, the location has space to fit your needs. Here are some more reasons to locate your business in Orange County:
- Home to world famous attractions like Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm, Orange County is also considered part of Tech Coast, a term used to emphasize the presence of numerous information technology companies in the Southern California area.
- Orange County has some of the richest neighborhoods in Southern California, including Newport Beach and Coto de Caza.
- Visa International named South Coast Plaza one of the most famous places in America to stay, shop, and dine, rivaling the luxury streets of New York, Milan, and Paris. South Coast Plaza is located in Costa Mesa, a Southern California city that is a global gateway for domestic and international tourism. Both Costa Mesa and the Von Karman Corporate Center are minutes from John Wayne Airport (SNA) and only one hour from Los Angeles Airport (LAX).
- Orange County experienced widespread economic recovery in 2013, including lower unemployment rates, rising home prices, business expansion, and newfound growth in Orange County’s signature industry sectors such as healthcare, advanced manufacturing, and information technology. The Orange County economy continued its recovery in 2014. The County’s unemployment rates reached five-year lows, home values reached five-year highs, and cutting-edge infrastructure projects once again moved forward. Orange County’s recovery was quick compared to surrounding counties and California as a whole, thanks to the demographic diversity of its residents, competitive business environment, highly skilled workforce, and continued job growth in innovative emerging industries.
- Help for your small business is plentiful, such as:
- Orange County Business Council represents and promotes the business community, working with government and academia to enhance Orange County’s economic development and prosperity.
- LocationOC: This website is dedicated to highlighting Orange County as a great place to do business.
- SCOREOC: SCORE Orange County is a resource partner of the Small Business Administration and is headquartered in Santa Ana (the county seat). SCORE OC serves Orange County small businesses through a network of satellite offices.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center: The Orange County/Inland Empire SBDC Network stimulates economic growth in Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties by providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with expert consulting, effective training and access to resources.
Another benefit of locating your business in Orange County is its proximity to Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego Counties, enabling you to draw employees and customers from a large area of Southern California.
Photo Credit: iStock/Thinkstock