You’ve weighed your business location options, chosen to locate your small business in Santa Monica, picked the perfect Santa Monica office space, and opened your doors for business.
But its not quite enough.
Your entrepreneurial intuition says there is more you could be doing to gain more business. And you're right. Santa Monica not only provides a vast array of networking opportunities, it also offers several programs that help you build your business's visibility.
Here are just a few places you can turn to for additional resources for building a strong business within the Santa Monica community:
Santa Monica Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Always a good place to start looking for networking opportunities and business assistance, the SBDC provides free one-on-one consulting and low cost training and workshops for various aspects of running a small business. This includes skills such as management, marketing, and finances.
The city encourages businesses to be environmentally conscious. One way of doing so is to become a certified green business.
Not only is it good for the environment, it is also good for business, due to benefits like:
- Membership in the California Green Business Network
- Exclusive access to green business events
- High profile business listings and promotional benefits
- Increased customer loyalty
- Green Business Certification graphic for promotional materials
- Business window decal
- And more
The Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber offers everything from information and statistics about Santa Monica's economy, to starting a business in Santa Monica, to networking events for growing your business.
The Santa Monica Chamber hosts at least 3 networking events a month, a great opportunity for any business. Keep an eye on the Chamber’s calendar for more information about events coming up.
This program was started by the Santa Monica business community and the city in an effort to support local businesses within the community. It encourages awareness of the benefits of buying locally, and is free to all Santa Monica businesses.
Program benefits include:
- Buy Local Santa Monica window decal for your shop window
- Use of the logo on your website and marketing materials
- Discounted advertising rates with the Santa Monica Daily Press
- Event discounts and special exhibitor opportunities
- Free listings in the Buy Local Santa Monica website business directory
- Exclusive use of the Buy Local Santa Monica Facebook page to promote your business, products, and special offers
Being a part of a strong business community can help your business grow. Get connected in one of these Santa Monica groups or programs and increase your company’s visibility and your own knowledge base.