As important as social media has become for small businesses, everyone wants to know about what will be new or hot in 2015? According to TopRankBlog.com “The only constant is change.”
Here are the top 12 hot social media trends for 2015:
- Focus on emotion and customer experiences. Remember quality counts.
- Think relevant content, not the same ol’, same ol’. Relevant = trends = current = what people want to know.
- Good writing matters more than ever. Write with your readers in mind! The better the quality of your content, the more likely readers are to share it. And the more its shared, the better your rankings in search engines should be.
- Analytics matter. You need to know who, when and where your customers are looking at your content.
- Mobile gets even more mobile with wearable technology.
- Marketers will use more customized copy for targeted audiences (again, that’s why you need to know your analytics).
- You’ll need to reevaluate your target audience and spend where it’s working. If you don’t know who you’re talking to, you won’t know what to say and how to say it. You need to understand the needs, lifestyle and motivations of your buyers.
- You’ve heard it for years, but it’s about helping your customers and not just going for the hard sell. Be the solution.
- There will be more collaboration across platforms. Your message needs to be consistent on your website, in your marketing materials, in your sales pitches and in your social media.
- Think storytelling.
- Meta-what? Coding, SEO, etc. is no longer something that can be ignored. Hire an expert or learn it yourself.
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, the top B2B content marketing strategies are social media, articles on a business’s website, eNewsletters, case studies, videos and articles on other websites.
Photo Credit: iStock/Thinkstock