An Administrative Assistant is responsible for initially representing the center and the center’s clients and is
responsible for all related (but not limited to) activities described below:
Goals: Provide professional “first impression” for clients, clients’ guests and prospective PBC clients.
• Operate phone system
• Answer incoming PBC telephone lines
• Answer clients’ lines
• Screen incoming sales calls
• Announce visitors to PBC staff and clients
• Complete word processing/desktop publishing for PBC clients in a timely fashion
• Perform administrative assistance when requested
• Maintain lobby and reception area
• Maintain conference room and non-office logs, and equipment rentals
• Accept incoming deliveries for PBC and clients
• Log charges associated with word processing, administrative assistance and fax service accurately
• Exhibit professional behavior with clients, callers and employees
• Courteous with clients and callers. Does not cut off caller, client or guest without proper statement or signal
• Direct inquiries and problems to on site Client Services Coordinator, Operations Manager or GM
• Complete knowledge of all office equipment including facsimile, copiers, postage meter
1. Must have the ability to take general directions and apply to diverse and unique situations
2. Must have a good understanding of business etiquette
3. Must have manual dexterity
4. Must have a pleasant telephone voice, handling all calls in a professional manner using clear and concise pronunciation of clients’ names
5. Must be detail-oriented
6. Must have basic Word and Excel skills
1. Professional business appearance, manner and attitude
2. Cooperative attitude that is compatible with others
3. Must show incentive and ingenuity; be prompt, reliable and dependable
4. Demonstrates communication and organizational skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer/Client Service - Responds promptly to clients’ needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Diversity -Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration. Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Driving Records Clearance
• Background Check Clearance
• Authorized to work in the United States
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems using common sense decision skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Word Processing and basic Excel software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job description above is an example of the duties performed by an Administrative Assistant. Employees are expected to perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by their Supervisor.
Premier Business Centers reserves the right to amend, add, change or delete the duties, as business deems necessary. (11/6/17)