The General Manager is responsible for the profitability, sales and operations of individual or dual
centers. The primary goal of the General Manager is to achieve a high level of profitability by
aggressively selling and promoting all PBC services, exercise consistent independent judgement and
decision making while leading and motivating the center employees to deliver the highest level of
customer service to all PBC clients.
The General Manager must possess strong leadership and management abilities with experience in
sales and negotiating, financial management and personnel administration. A General Manager must
have experience and understanding of corporate protocol. The General Manager must possess
excellent verbal and written communication skills and be computer proficient.
The General Manager is responsible for managing, training, reviewing, counseling, motivating and
disciplining employees at that specific center. The General Manager is also responsible for ensuring
that center employees are appropriately trained on equipment and in company policies and procedures.
The General Manger is responsible for oversight and accurate completion of the entire process of
monthly billing/invoicing of clients and also the accounts receivable/collections at their specific location.
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that all PBC clients receive a consistent level of
service, in terms of personnel and equipment performance, physical appearance and functionality of
the center and also positive customer-service attitude of all center employees.
- Ensure that the employees are appropriately trained on equipment and in company policies and procedures. This shall include ongoing performance management and significant discretion in hiring, termination, disciplinary measures and decisions.
- Review hourly employees’ performance after six months of hiring, on anniversary and yearly thereafter; review salaried employees’ performance on a yearly basis. Make recommendations for salary adjustments
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep employees informed on current events within the company
- Maintain, daily review, update and approve employee’s work time tracking using ezLabor
Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Plan, organize and execute actions to increase sales
- Maintain sales leads and appropriate follow-up of prospective clients
- Greet walk-in prospects
- Establish prospect’s needs
- Comply with PBC leasing and pricing policies
- Demonstrate that PBC can meet prospect’s needs by touring the location
- Negotiate the close of a sale
- Properly complete and process appropriate agreements and related paperwork
- Process renewals in a timely, proactive manner
- Respond to termination notices with the objective of saving the account
- Ensure timely and accurate creation of monthly invoices for all existing clients per particular center
- Set efficient processes of tracking client usage of copiers, outgoing fax machines and postage machine
- Maintain monthly totals of word processing, administrative assistance, Federal Express, UPS or any other shipping vendor
- Maintain deposit transmittals and cash receipts
- Maintain current Aging Reports
- Contact delinquent clients immediately, either in person or by telephone to request payment.
- All conversations are to be documented in client’s files.
- Freeze and terminate (where applicable) delinquent clients according to designated procedures
- Process collection account according to designated procedures
To perform the job successfully, an individual sh ould demonstrate the following competencies:
- Responds promptly to clients’ needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
-Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Ensure completion and accuracy of administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization's goals and values.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
– Successful delegation and oversight that instructions are followed, responds to Executive management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Driving Records Clearance
- Background Check Clearance
- Criminal Records Clearance
- Authorized to work in the United States
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak clearly and effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems using common sense decision skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Word Processing software and basic Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job description above is an example of the duties performed by a General Manager. Employees are expected to perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by executive management.
I have read and understand the above job description. I further understand that Premier Business Centers reserves the right to amend, add, change or delete the duties, as business deems necessary.